Zuni

 This is an update on Zuni in Greenbelt 5. Last time I was here was about 4 years ago. Menus and prices have changed, place was maintained. Still good. This time, we decided to try their Power Lunches. It was nearing Christmas so the whole G5 lot was looking festive. The staff was super friendly and offered me a seat while I look at their menu. I was also given a glass of water.
 Awesome wreath by the door.
 Inside, it looked pretty much same as last time I visited. Happy to say I do have a better camera phone now.
 The ceiling mural is still a centerpiece.
 Power Lunch Menu, 11AM to 2PM, Mondays to Fridays only.
 Santa with salt and pepper shakers
 Complimentary bread basket with butter, and salsa
 We asked for a refill as our orders took more than 30minutes to arrive. Lunch time is now half time.
Zuni Power Lunch Menu (as of date)
 Asian Barbecued Pork Belly: Php425+
Baked Boneless Chicken Florentine: Php395+

Zuni still wins in taste. Serving size is perfect for lunches, not too much quantity. I'd consider it again for lunch if I happen to be around the area. Well worth the re-visit. 👍

🌠

Zuni, Greenbelt 5
Zuni is another classy restaurant, where the food and establishment alone are the destination itself. Few diners came that night, mostly of the foreign sort.
Of course, the high ceiling is standard in Greenbelt 5. The interiors sadly look like a duplicate of other fine dining restaurants, here or abroad, submitting to the dark wooden chairs paired with pristine white table sheets.
The ceiling features some sort of mural overlord. I only used my camera phone so it's hard to decipher what I got here. Nonetheless, the service and hushed atmosphere makes one feel quite important or subtly loved.
The toilet offers all sorts of comfort, hand wash gels, paper rolls, etc.
The table setting is topped with a pair of white salt and pepper shakers, with a tiny flower vase with their excuse of a flower.
Complimentary bread basket. Hot and soft sliced bread and rolls with salsa and/or butter, yum!!
Spinach & Wild Mushroom Consommé : Php195
Caution: This is thickly creamy. Think cheese and butter overload.
Hot Calamansi Juice and Iced Tea
Grilled Chicken Breast Fillet: Php225
Pan Fried Medallions of Sole Fillet with Scallop & Prawn: Php650In champagne-saffron sauce, served with angel hair aglio-olio and asparagus
Ciciliana Cannoli: Php265
Pistachio tuille roll stuffed with ricotta cheese



Remarks:
  • The reason I decided to eat here is due to the many great reviews I've read. Sadly, the Sole Fillet was only good, and not great. Though not close to being a gourmet connoisseur, I've had pleasant meals from most of the city's restaurant, and base my opinions primarily on my taste buds.
  • My search for an authentic Italian cannoli has lead me to Marciano's, which had a fake cannoli. This time, my expectations were high, but Zuni didn't deliver as well. Their cannoli was disappointingly flat, and obviously not authentic at all. The good thing was that the mini chocolate cake was perfect with the dollop of vanilla ice cream. That and the lonely strawberry made it all bearable. A strawberry dipped pretzel was kind of cheap even for me.
  • Oh well. Off to the next Greenbelt 5 dining spot..  
Zuni Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Zuni Restaurant and Wine Bar
G/F Greenbelt 5, Makati City
Tel: (02) 757-0361 to 62

0 comments:

Post a Comment