Pahulay Spa

You could consider Pahulay Spa as an escape from the busy traffic along MRT Station, the long lines and hot weather. Once you enter, an attendant will welcome you and offer their services menu. When we arrived, it was around noon and there were no other guests at the moment. But my masseuse said that they get filled around 5PM onwards.
Pahulay is Cebuano for "Pahinga" or Rest. There are 8 seats for foot massage. 4 facing one wall, and 4 the other wall. The dim lights were calming, but the suddenly shrieking staff (hidden behind some curtains) will startle you from time to time.
Back massage chair parked near the bamboo decorated wall. Body massages get their own room. The hallway had red colors which was seductive and creepy. How about some dim LED lights by the floor? It would do them well to visit other spas to learn interior decor improvement.
A native window with capiz shells was converted into a divider.
All in all, I hope they improve the ambiance more. The green color was old school, perhaps white walls would be better, or velvety black. And toss the bright lights form the back room, or at least cover up that room up to the ceiling.
The massage was pretty good. Although my masseuse was totally dozing off, lol, she never dropped my foot, instead squeezed it tighter while she fought falling asleep. I appreciate her efforts and still gave her a tip.

Pahulay Spa
MRT Ayala Station
Tel: (02) 624-4467

2 comments:

  1. I have read your post. I have actually read a lot of your blog posts in the last hour. I really enjoy what you are doing here. (And as a writer of fantasy novels, I'm enjoying looking at different aspects of that when you go through them in blog post). And truly, I love world-culture building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'm glad that you enjoy my entries :-)

      Delete